Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dave the Builder


One day "we" decided that "we" needed a playhouse for the grandkids.  So we studied the directions, and then studied them some more, and then rehydrated before tackling the project.  Herbie acted as supervisor.










It came in a very large box with 5,000 pieces, 3 missing screws, and 2 pieces that did not fit.  There was some muttering under the breath.  But we persevered.









But TA-DA.


Now to see if it passes INSPECTION.  




 That first one was tough but once the doorbell was added, it got a thumb's up from both of them.
And these pictures just made me laugh.   Aves kept trying to show Lane proper application of lip gloss but he just wasn't getting it.



4 comments:

  1. I am kind of wondering why you are not telling the true story: once upon a time Dave decided to build a play house for Brooklyn. That is what she is telling us anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lane is so cute. Where did you get that great playhouse. I want one! My sisters and I had one when we were little. I bet the kids will have a great time. Can you email me that picture of Clif, you, and the rest of the sibling from your mom's funeral. I really like that picture. I saw Brianne in the grocery store the other day. We should have a picnic next time you are here. Jessica is coming June 30th and staying until after the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got the playhouse at D&B. If you buy it on Tuesday, you get the old people discount. Let's set up the picnic, we'll come anytime you mention food. Do I have your e-mail address?

    ReplyDelete